The Creation of the World
- Yom Echad (Day One)
Genesis 1:1-5 IAV In the beginning Elohim created the heaven and the earth. (2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of Elohim moved upon the face of the waters. (3) And Elohim said, Let there be light: and there was light. (4) And Elohim saw the light, that it was good: and Elohim divided the light from the darkness. (5) And Elohim called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
2. Yom Sheni (Day Two)
Genesis 1:6-8 IAV And Elohim said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (7) And Elohim made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. (8) And Elohim called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
3. Yom Shlishi (Day Three)
Genesis 1:9-13 IAV And Elohim said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. (10) And Elohim called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and Elohim saw that it was good. (11) And Elohim said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. (12) And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and Elohim saw that it was good. (13) And the evening and the morning were the third day.
4. Yom Revi’i (Day Four)
Genesis 1:14-19 IAV And Elohim said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (15) And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. (16) And Elohim made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. (17) And Elohim set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, (18) And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and Elohim saw that it was good. (19) And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
5. Yom Chamishi (Day Five)
Genesis 1:20-23 IAV And Elohim said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. (21) And Elohim created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and Elohim saw that it was good. (22) And Elohim blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. (23) And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
6. Yom Shishi (Day Six) Creation of Zachar in demut Elohim
Genesis 1:24-31 IAV And Elohim said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. (25) And Elohim made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and Elohim saw that it was good. (26) And Elohim said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27) So Elohim created man in his own image, in the image of Elohim created he him; male and female created he them. (28) And Elohim blessed them, and Elohim said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (29) And Elohim said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. (31) And Elohim saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
7. Yom HaShevi’i: The Seventh Day, God Rests (Bereshith 2)
Genesis 2:1-3 IAV Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. (2) And on the seventh day Elohim ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. (3) And Elohim blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which Elohim created and made.
- From dust and breath into living beings
- Creator and Blogger God 1 Emptiness and mouvement
- Creator and Blogger God 2 Image and likeness
- Created in the image of the Elohim to use their likeness properly
- Coming to the creation of human beings in the image of God
- Creation of the earth and man #17 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #1 In the image and after the likeness
- Creation of the earth and man #18 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #2 Assimilation of character
- Creation of the earth and man #22 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #6 Spirits, spiritual bodies and illusory perception
- Creation of the earth out of something
- Cosmos creator and human destiny
- The World framed by the Word of God
- Warm-blooded, feathered vertebrates
- A viewpoint on creation
- An anarchistic reading of the Bible (2)—Creation and what follows
- Al-Fatiha [The Opening] Süra 1: 4-7 Merciful Lord of the Creation to show us the right path
- Why think that (4) … God would reveal himself in words
- Between Alpha and Omega – The plan of creation
- Creation purpose and warranty
- The 1st Adam in the Hebrew Scriptures #1 Beginning of everything
- The 1st Adam in the Hebrew Scriptures #2 Beginning of mankind
- Divine Plan and an Imperfect creation
- Old Earth creationists and other conservative Christians denying any evolution
- Creation gift of God
- Without God no purpose, no goal, no hope
- Man made life
- Orders for the first human beings and Rebellion against their Maker
- Scattered, broken, thwarted reflection of God
- The Earth Became formless and void!
- Chaos and Order
- How did the original readers understand Gen 1:1?
- Theology Wednesdays: Genesis 1:1
- Did the earth “become” without form and void? Gen 1v2
- God Begins with Nothing, and Makes Something Beautiful
- The Theory of Gods Creation in His Own Image
- The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning and the Universe Itself? Part 3
- Do Exodus 20:11 and 31:17 — Often Cited by Young Earth Creationists — Belong in our Bibles?
- Do the Hebrew words for create (Bara, Asah) support a gap?
- In the beginning
- In the Beginning…
- Creation’s Story
- God’s Creation
- Gen 1:2 – Darkness was upon the face of the deep
- Gen 1:4 – Dividing light and darkness
- Genesis 1:1-5
- Genesis 1:6 and the Firmament
- Seeley on the Firmament
- Genesis 1 and the creation of the great lights
- Genesis 1 and the sun/moon as dividing seasons
- Phillip Medhurst presents designs for Genesis by Burne-Jones 01/25 the Spirit of God on the face of the waters
- Phillip Medhurst presents designs for Genesis by Burne-Jones 02/25 the creation of light
- Phillip Medhurst presents designs for Genesis by Burne-Jones 03/25 the creation of Day and Night
- Will You Be My Adam?
- God made plants – story and craft ideas
- Finding our Place in the World: Belonging, Limits, and Abundance
- The Importance of Being Human
- God’s Satisfaction and Rest
- Resting Our Brains
- Evolution and Inerrancy: Confusing Other Genres with History in Genesis (part 1)
- Bridging the Gap: The Six Days of Creation