These days of the Passover festival are ideal to show to the world how we all together should go for a peaceful world where everybody, whatever their faith can live together and are prepared to reach out a helping hand when needed.
burning of Notre Dame de Paris = fitting metaphor for current moment, when religious engagement is on the decline in the West, + order of the Old World continues to slip away.
Religious differences historically yielded enmity + outright hatred between people of different faiths
blood libel accusations > Jews in medieval Europe falsely accused of killing Christian children to use their blood for making matzah, often emerged around this time of year.
open the door “for Elijah” during seder = attempt to show non-Jewish neighbors > are not doing anything nefarious.
open door = metaphor for seeking opportunities to collaborate with our neighbors for the common good.
special guest, Dr. Ahmed Shaheed, diplomat from the Maldives, United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion > last big project documenting human rights abuses in Iran + preparing report on worldwide anti-Semitism to be delivered to the United Nations General Assembly next fall.
Mark Potok, formerly of the Southern Poverty Law Center and a well-known authority on hate groups,
Ira Forman, Oren Segal, Mark Molinari, Steven Bayme, Brian Levin, Jeff Finkelstein+ Seth Adelson seated around the table.
- has seen annual increases in hate crimes vastly over-represented
- Hate crimes against Jews are vastly over-represented; 13% of all hate crimes = anti-Semitic.
- White supremacists focus fighting the “white genocide,” “engineered by Jews” + the web to foment horrible ideas about Jews.
- Anti-Semitism = evident on the left and the right of political spectrum
It was indeed tragic to watch Notre Dame de Paris on fire last week, to ache for the loss of a building so deeply connected to the history of Paris and Europe, to lament the destruction of antiquities and works of art. But the burning of Notre Dame is, I am sorry to report, a fitting metaphor for our current moment, when religious engagement is on the decline in the West, and the order of the Old World continues to slip away.
It is notable to me that we are living in a time in which many Jewish people feel kinship with our Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, and Buddhist neighbors, our partners in faith; consider the interfaith cooperation that has happened here in Pittsburgh in the wake of the 18th of Heshvan (the Hebrew date of Oct. 27th, 2018) – the local Muslim community fundraising…
View original post 1.596 woorden meer
Bnei Yisroel as Am kadosh shall always be the most favoured or set-apart people of God, no matter that the Elohim provided now a means of others also to have their relationship with Him restored, by the ransom offering of the mashiach.
14-22 Nisan gives us time to read about how the HaShem took care of His People and provided also a solution for the goyim. All should come to recognise the Bore as their Father of fathers and God above all gods, making them pure and clean to come close to Him as His children.
how Ethan Katz looks on tefillah
- With so many different mitzvos for us to be cognizant of + so many aveiros available for us to do = impossible to actively keep all of Hashem’s mitzvos without stumbling a few times
- view aveiros as “stumbling” > instead believing that we’ve “fallen.”
- we say same two words during Shemoneh Esrei > someich noflim => someich, “He supports,” noflim, “those who are (currently) falling.”
- Satisfied, I continued my davening keeping this new way of thinking in mind.
- a machlokes in the gemara in Kiddushin 36a on the pshat of the beginning of the pasuk in Devarim (14:1) “Banim atem l’Hashem Elokeichem,” (you are sons to Hashem, your God).
- no matter what, bein kach ubein kach, we are always Hashem’s children!
Yirmiyahu (4:22)= “foolish sons.”
Devarim (32:20) “faithless sons.”
Yeshayahu (1:4) “the seed of evildoers, destructive sons.”
Hoshea (2:1), pasuk > “instead of being told (by Hashem) “you are not My nation,” Hashem will call them b’nei Kel-Chai (sons of Living-God).”
- gemara explains: granted when Jews are foolish = despite all shortcomings > still sons > not faithless > even when there is no faithfullness => faithless Jews = still called sons
- pasuk > banim mashchisim = destructive sons
in our spiritual lives, in our lives striving to keep Hashem’s Torah + mitzvos, THERE IS NO BOTTOM.
Hashem never lets us hit the bottom because we are His children eternally
=> forever child of Hakadosh Boruch Hu.
Hashem brought geulah to the Jews in Mitzrayim because a parent is always there for his children
- A Tool to shed light over the qualities in our life 2 Jews for a Messiah
- A Tool to shed light over the qualities in our life 3 Menorah and 7 basic emotions
- No insurmountable obstacles to come to know God
- A God between many gods
- Necessary to be known all over the earth
- God as Father
- Out of the seed of Eve
- The Love of God
- Back from gone #2 Aim of godly people
- Back from gone #3 Giving worries to God and believing in His promises
- Patriarch Abraham, Muslims, Christians and the son of God
- Moshe Rabbenu and Torat Moshe
- Memorizing wonderfully 7 Exodus
- Last Events of Old Testament – Right of Wrong?
- Seeing or not seeing and willingness to find God
- People Seeking for God 5 Bread of life
- Religions and Mainliners
- Added commentary to the posting A Progressive Call to Arms
- Silencing Women – Of God or Men ?
- Reactions against those of the other sex
- Christians remaining hidden not sharing the gospel
- 100-Day Identity Makeover: Day 56
- The Immeasurable Grace bestowed on humanity
- Born of the Father
- Behold, My mother and My brothers!
- Jesus, A way given to find the right way to God
- Marriage of Jesus 10 Old and New Covenant
- Are Christians prepared to Rejoice in the Lord
- Avoiding friction and distraction in the body of Christ
- One Mind, One Accord
- Fellowship over meals
- Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:1-4 A Wilderness Temptation
- Matthew 13:36-43 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Parable of the Zizania in the Field Explained
- Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26
- We Are The Children Of God
- The God of hope filling us with all joy and peace
- The Rise of Anti-Seminism
- We are Daughters and Sons of God
- Adopted by God
- Children In His Arms
- The Children of God vs. The Children of the Devil: 1st John 3:10
- “In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself”
- “Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” — Galatians 3:26
- A Story of Adoption
- Why did Jesus say to share the gospel with all creation?
- Groanings, Pt 2 – Waiting for Our Adoption – Romans 8:23-25
- Phone Calls to a Father
- Day 10: He Ate with Publicans and Sinners
- You dont have to try to be children of God 
- You dont have to try to be children of God [1064a]
- We are NOT sinners! Stop saying that.
Before I start discussing my thoughts on tefillah, I want to quickly say that although I hope to consistently post, since these ideas are actual thoughts I have when davening that help me with my kavannah and not me being mamshich through tefillah as a limud, I will be posting ideas at random, with no real seder. Having said that, I hope one day I can really go through the siddur and learn it like a mentsch. Now on to my first official post.
“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”
This quote, taken from a Life Alert commercial, reflects how many Jews, including myself at times, constantly feel. With so many different mitzvos for us to be cognizant of and so many aveiros available for us to do, it is impossible to actively keep all of Hashem’s mitzvos without stumbling a few times. The problem many of us face…
View original post 870 woorden meer
Israel is central to the identity of the overwhelming majority of Jews not just in Britain, but all over the world. The reason is because it is central to Judaism. This doesn’t mean that all Jews agree with everything that the Israeli government does. But even if a Jew or non-Jew does agree with an Israeli government policy which is unpopular abroad, this doesn’t make it legitimate to unleash hatred against them.
The Jewish Concerns Forum dreads the thought of another conflict in the Middle East like in 2014, only this time the Prime Minister is Jeremy Corbyn. Add to this scenario some economic hardship, brought about by Brexit, the need for a scapegoat increases and the people know exactly where to look.
Too many people, calling themselves Christian, are convinced they should follow and be a member of a certain Christian church, forgetting that they should not follow human beings or human leaders, but should follow the Nazarene master teacher Jeshua (Yeshua/Jesus/Jezus/Chesu/Ishi/Issou) who they wrongly have made in their god, instead of accepting him and honouring him for being son of man and son of God, who gave his body as a ransom for all.
Jeshua is the one we should follow. It is also his God we should praise and worship and trust in Him that accepted that peace offering of that humble man who never claimed to be the highest or the mightiest and very well knew he could not do anything without the Power of his heavenly Father, Who is greater than him and all others.
Jeshua put aside his own will to do the Will of his heavenly Father, the Only One True God, and expect from his followers to do the same, giving themselves into God’s Hand and not in the hands of clergy who mislead so many people with human theological teachings instead of Biblical Truth.
Let those who love Jeshua and his heavenly Father show their love for them by becoming true followers of the Nazarene rebbe by following Jeshua’s teachings and keeping to the Bible, the infallible Word of God.
- Americans really thinking the Messiah Christ had an English name
- The habitual misreading of John 1 and the ‘Word being God’ #2
- Memorizing wonderfully 42 Equality with God & doing nothing of himself
- Maintaining unity of Spirit in the bond of peace becoming one with God
- In our eagerness to make converts
- Embracing Peace: My Convert Story Part II
- German far-right AfD politician converts to Islam
- Many Scientists Convert to Islam
- Convert Troubles [A Critique of Born Supremacy]
- Lydia in Acts, such a disappointing convert – a woman!
- Easter Vigil, from a Catholic Convert
- His Blood Atones For Our Sins
- What is Apologetics?
- What do you do with your guilt?Stories of the Bible – Jesus’s Story, Part Two
- Easter: The Story Behind “Nothing But the Blood”
- Grace, and Grace Alone
- Home: A New Pesach Reflection by Ivy Helman
In the New Testament you will NOT find that salvation is about ”accepting” Jesus.
NOWHERE in the New Testament you are called to accept Jesus into your heart.
In the New Testament you will NOT find anything like ”sinner`s prayer”.
NOWHERE in the New Testament you are called to convert to Christianity-
nor Judaism or any other religion.
Biblical Yeshua/ Jesus is our Passover Lamb.
Only a blood sacrifice can atone for sin.
Attempting to understand Yeshua’s/ Jesus` death on the Roman execution stake without comprehending the blood sacrifices in the Old Testament is like trying to build a house without a foundation.
The blood sacrifice of Yeshua/ Jesus was shed to restore us to right relationship with God.
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for…
View original post 2.955 woorden meer
Many people live their lives in total darkness, as it relates to their lack of understanding the times and things that lie ahead. As a way of illuminating such spiritual darkness, God has provided biblical prophecy. Certain Jews were chosen by God to present His Word to the Jews, whom are known in scripture as… Lees verder Living lives in total darkness by lack of understanding the times that lie ahead
Jews, of whom accept Christ as Messiah prior to the rapture, will be caught up to the Presence of God at the time of the rapture, and will be eternally secure in their holiness of body, soul and spirit (John 14:1-6; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54); they will spend eternity in the Presence of God in the… Lees verder Given opportunity to accept Christ as Messiah
The advantage of Speakers Corner in London is that people can find an audience to very different opinions and even go freely in debate with the speakers or preachers.
Differently to Christendom and Christianity people see there so many denominations, whilst in Judaism people are not confronted with denominations but still are confronted with all sorts of different opinions and ways of worshipping in one trend or big group.
An other great problem is that many Jewish groups do not want to know of other Jewish thoughts or consider them apostates or not true Jews or Jews not to have contact with. Forbearance seems to be a nonexistent term for some Jews. It would help the Jewish community if they would be more tolerant of each other and would open themselves up more to goyim.
In a shiur audience asked, “What does it mean to be Jewish?” one reply in common: a love for Judaism but none mentioned sole characteristic of Judaism: Loving your fellow as yourself. (sums up Judaism to our guestwriter) = most improtant halacha of all
people defining Judaism for five minutes straight > not to hear word ‘love’ once =? right
- Book Review: Aphrodite and the Rabbis
- Jewish groups question census results showing dramatic population decline
- Religious believers call for change in FEMA policy to include churches
- Groups that claim to be Jewish
- The Origins of Jewish Groups and those in Canaan
- Jewish group wins legal fight to build synagogue
- Jewish Group Wins Legal Fight To Build Synagogue
- Hungary: Jewish group asks Orban to halt anti-Soros campaign
- Jewish Groups: US and Israeli Withdrawals From UNESCO Are Consequence of Political Bias
- Davis Imam Apologizes After Fiery Sermon Draws Global Condemnation
- US Muslim-Jewish Group to Build on Its Mission
- America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars
A while ago, I went to a shiur where the speaker talked about Elul and the purpose of introspection. At one point in the talk, the audience was asked, “What does it mean to be Jewish?”. This part of the shiur took rather a long time, with countless answers supplied by people from numerous demographics, all with one thing in common: a love for Judaism. And yet, after five or ten minutes had passed, not a single person had named the sole characteristic of Judaism which, to me, is the most important.
Loving your fellow as yourself.
It’s no surprise that people have different priorities, and what sums up Judaism to me, doesn’t necessarily sum it up for someone else (though I happen to know that Hillel agreed with me). Different viewpoints make Judaism vibrant and interesting. But to sit in a room, with people defining Judaism for five minutes…
View original post 136 woorden meer
We present this article from Freedom from Economic, Social and Political Oppression; where current social, political, economic, cultural, and environmental issues from a secular humanist point of view are looked at.
Human passion + emotional responses to issues which embody strong ties to self-identity are not the only consideration in addressing controversy.
cognitive uncertainties + emotional responses = consciously induced when most individuals encounter the word “Jew” or “Judaism” > Few people have a completely neutral reaction to these words.
muddling regarding accurate + contextual, + interpretable use of terminology surrounding Judaism lodges a mistrust + misunderstanding of its intentions, = can result in propagation of “Anti-Judaic tradition” often falsely branded as “Anti-Semitism”.
secular “Jews” more likely to openly identify themselves as a Jew than secular persons with a Christian heritage are to identify themselves as Christians.
behaviors of adherents of Judaism <> theological tenets = classifying Jews as a race – versus basing the resolution to it – on the adherence and devotion to a theological perspective.
Reformed Judaism based on faith of either parent.
within Judaism significant, although small number, of rabbis that openly acknowledge to reject superstitious beliefs embodied in religion
acceptance by some Jews of secular clerics + their interpretations of religious teachings illustrates need to examine validity of “race” question since these rabbis + clerics are, by many, still acknowledged to be Jews.
Defining a “Jew” =/= complicated as it appears if “race” and/or ethnicity are taken out of the equation.
As with Christianity, Judaism, is a religion.
Christians = those who follow teachings of Christ > more accurately = adherents to organized theocracies that are based on Jesus his teachings
being a Christian =/= dependent on “race”, culture, language spoken, or spiritual beliefs of the person’s parents
being Jewish (or Muslim) =/= dependent on “race”, culture, language spoken, or spiritual beliefs of the person’s parents
Religion =/= defined by God, a god, or group of deities = created by Man in response to nature, 1 within context of accounting for death + 2 to provide moral compass in regard to social demands that arose = served as legal authority on proper behaviour within community
Judaism as a “Race” or Ethnicity = False Propaganda
Humans consistently demonstrated a compulsion to classify + categorize based on observations > speakers of a common language + national affiliation
17° century race = concept based on distinct physical (phenotypical) features (skin color) of persons (phenotype or physical appearance) > employed to categorize groups of persons on basis of differences in physical appearance, + served as underlying basis that lent support for eugenic movements in Nazi Germany, the United States, + elsewhere.
Rationalization of race = means of discrimination => immense controversy, violence, dangerous + invalid misconceptions
increasing understanding of genetics + unlocking of human genome = Science demonstrated > entire of humanity = one “race” <= human beings = genetically homogeneous in comparison to many other species > similarity in genetics amongst members of humankind = strikingly uniform
scientific, biological definition of species – a taxonomic designation given to a form of life – = espoused in idea that two individuals belong to the same species, if they can produce fertile offspring.
who is a Jew = from Scientific, genealogical (racial) = moot because DNA studies have repeatedly + consistently demonstrated > entire of humanity is one “race” > Based on biology =
Ethnicity = concept determined by groups of persons typically who share similar heritage > may share (or not) – common language, religious affiliation, or nationality – + tend to be comprised of members who identify with one another = subjective.
Constitution of Bosnia-Herzegovina = 3 distinct ethnicities = 96% of its population – Bosniaks, Serbs, and Croats > All three have a unique language variant that is mutually intelligible <= Genetic studies concluded despite ethnicity differences 3 groups share large proportion of their DNA, not only amongst themselves, but in respect to geography. => feature that most clearly separates each ethnicity = religious affiliation – Bosniaks (Muslim), Serbs (Orthodox Christian), Croats (Roman Catholic).
United States Census Bureau defines Hispanic in reference to = person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin – regardless of “race”, ancestry, or ethnicity.
in respect to Judaism any individual – who acknowledges, accepts, and observes at least some Jewish traditions – can claim to be Jewish.
As is the case with Christianity, adherents to Judaism, comprise no single ethnic or racial group.
term “Jews” refers to people who share a common theological doctrine. = Just as a Christians can be White, or Black; American, or Spanish – so, too, can be a Jew. Christians belong to various affiliations – Roman Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Anglican.
term, Anti-Semitism, used to label speech, acts, or other forms of expression as being hatefully Anti-Jewish = misleading for several reasons.
Semitic Peoples = originally defined by speaking one of several languages that share similar linguistic, grammatical, phonetical + contextual elements derived from an ancient common tongue + refer to a group of peoples who hail from the Eastern Mediterranean and the Arabian Peninsula
classifying Jews as Semitic in respect, to heritage = term loses its validity because majority of modern Jews today descend from European, Asiatic, + African origins + different ethnic + cultural backgrounds
Ethnicities = loosely defined, can overlap, + sometimes be oxymoronic in how they are defined.
“Jewish People”, or “Jews” =/= unique in terms of genetic composition with rest of humanity =/= single Nationality, heredity, or mother-tongue-language => Jewish identity = based on acknowledging, accepting, + practicing the religious doctrine of Judaism, or on having social or cultural ties to it.
Khazars (European, ethnic group of peoples) converted to Judaism (speaking Yiddish) =/= genealogical, linguistic, or national ties with the Hebrews that inhabited Judea prior to and up to the Roman conquest + dismantling of Judea beginning in 66 C.E > predominantly “Jews” descended from Khazars that originally advocated for a Jewish homeland in Palestine through the founding of Zionism in the late 19° century.
organized religions > few of those claiming membership to a particular faith conduct their lives in accordance with its doctrine.
world = increasingly secular.
“Christian” > reared with Christian beliefs => identify with traditions + culture even though they might not be active participants in the theology. < => same in Judaism <= wish to cling on to their cultural heritage so that they remain aware of where they came from.
Secular “Jew” + Secular “Christian” = oxymoronic > secular persons, by definition, = no religious or spiritual basis for their beliefs or behaviours.
Often overlooked in discussing Judaism = marked transformation that occurred within its own religious doctrine in a direct answer to Christianity, rapidly flourishing through gaining converts, as the dominant and most powerful theocratic system of beliefs which placed its very basic foundations and most fundamental teachings of Jesus Christ squarely at odds with the main tenants of Judaism. => gave Christianity an upper hand in ethics + morality in the sense that the vices of neo-Christian theology often demonstrated wickedness in the way traditional Jewish values were taught.
swelling number of Christian converts => Judaism needs to be examined in both pre-Christian world + its evolved doctrine in response to Christianity.
Judaism, Christianity, + Islam – share Old Testament + its teachings.
modern Judaism – not based on the teachings of the Old Testament, influenced by Kabbalistic ideas = belief man has three types of souls > only Jews have all three > theological dogma = toxic in terms of acceptance + conjures inhumane acts against anyone who is not “Jewish”. >>> contradicts + diminishes traditions that were part of pre-Christian Judaism.
Talmud before Christianity didn’t exist as it does today in written form, but rather encompassed oral Traditions that were passed down from God to Moses and subsequently between generations.
Amid threat Judaism being overwhelmed by spread of Christianity => Judaic religious clerics pressured to account for their practices that were considered sinful + unethical in an increasingly Christian dominated world which at this point still banned usury in all forms, + after shunning Jewish practices of ritual slaughter of animals + circumcision of male infants at eight days after birth, viewed these rituals as barbaric, cruel and immoral.
Jewish theological doctrine incorporated combination of reactionary antiphon in response to Christianity + mysticism into the Talmud. Many Jewish religious leaders, since, have emphasized the importance of keeping the Talmud’s doctrine hidden from an increasingly powerful non-Jewish (Gentile) population.. = no accident.
organized religion > few individuals practice the “faith” > Judaism => less strict in terms of diet, + Christianity disavowed many of virtuous teachings of Christ+> many Muslims consume alcohol.
Christianity adopted by Roman Empire > official religion, +subsequent fusion of pagan elements into the Faith – Christmas + Easter traditions attracted converts > holidays celebrated in Christian world today = inconsistent with teachings of Christ. Christmas, Easter, New Year’s, St. Valentine’s Day, etc., = commercialized celebrations > Holidays which breed excessive selfishness + false superstitions => corrupt true Christianity + humanism + feed off of the vices of humanity.
- Multiculturalism and the Jews
- Alan Dershowitz’s Fake claim of antisemitism
- israel’s genocidal political culture
- Jews Are Still the Biggest Target of Religious Hate Crimes
- Unmasking the Phantom
- Catholics and the Sin of White Supremacy
- Reflecting the Mystery: Analogy Beyond Negation and Affirmation
- The problem of God’s whiteness
- Kabbalistic Revolution Reimagining Judaism in Medieval Spain
- A.F. Segal: “The Other Judaisms of Late Antiquity”
- Snapshot of Judaism
- Judaism & The Fetish: A Quick Note on Marx and the (Religious) Imagination
- World Leading Christian Apologist, William Lane Craig Always Presents God of Islam and Judaism
- The truth about the Nashville Statement, and the culture’s insane freakout over it
- Schopenhauer on Race Differences in Intelligence and on Judaism | The Occidental Observer
- The Psychopathology of Judaism
- Christianity, Islam, and Judaism
- A Christianity Immersed in Empire: a book review
- Discovering the Didache: The Oldest Catechism
- terms “Judeo-Christian tradition” and “Judeo-Christian morality” are wrong and misleading
- The History of Israel and Judaism Debunked 1
- The History of Israel and Judaism Debunked 2
- The Chinese Jews of Kaifeng. A Millennium of Adaptation and Endurance (2017)
- A Jew and a Muslim discuss Judaism & Islam at Speakers’ Corner
- Priorities and the Meaning of Judaism
- BBC resource for teachers spreads inaccuracies about Judaism
- On Christian hatred towards Judaism
- Globalism = Freemasonry = Judaism
The complexity embroiled in devising an open, unbiased discourse on controversial themes amongst factions of people which hold such steadfast beliefs that courtesy, impartiality, and tendency to behave with decency are rendered obsolete in respect to observing protocols for a civil, equitable, honest and sincere deliberation, where logic, compromise, and changes in conception are feasible outcomes. Rhetorical exchanges that involve contentious topics are assured to evoke sentiments of anger, disgust, prejudice, complete denial, stubbornness, disrespect, loathsomeness, and in extreme cases can lead to violence in respect to any party involved in the discussion. Even the most tolerant pacifist can assume a stance of complete denial of any logic or virtue in the stance taken by the opposition. He may walk away completely dismissing alternatives as complete non-sense and deny validity to any stance on the issue that is incongruent with his own. Human passion and emotional responses to issues which…
View original post 7.909 woorden meer
We do not think we should take the Genesis 1 story speaking about a 24 hour day but about a day in the eyes of God which is much longer than 1000 hours. We should consider it more as a symbolic way of telling like we still sometimes use in our language and in “our day” or it “takes a day (at least)” indicating it takes many days or when talking about years or an age (number of years since it was made + period in history + generation + to mean a very long time + lifetime + period or state of human life).
From the context and looking at what is written in other chapters of the Bible we may assume it is not mankind’s “day” of “24 hours” but God’s day or periods in the creation of God.
- Our opinion is that the Hebrew in Genesis 1 when it speaks of days is not describing a 24 hour earth day as we know it now.
- consider 6 days of Creation in Genesis 1 as being other than literal.
- EG Henry Sulley
“As to the period occupied in the six days of the work of creation, we have no means of knowing how long a “day” is from the Divine point of view.”
- Bro Walker stated
“we cannot agree to restrict the “days” of creation to literal days, and the original “rest” of God likewise to twenty-four hours! Critics will please be merciful to us” possibly a fair request!
- Bro Watkins observed
“sequence of events described in Genesis 1 is the same as the sequence that geologists have discovered by studying the rocks. This cannot be mere coincidence…”
+ proposed days of Genesis 1 = 6 days of fiats (or commands by God).
- Bro Carter said
- Alfred Norris > Moses putting down what he heard + describing what he saw + announcing end of each period of revelation as day’s disclosure comes to its end
- Bro LG Sargent stated to “leave the time involved in creation as an open question”.
- Harry Whittaker concurs with Norris 
- Bro Alan Fowler also expressed this view 
- slightly different model advocated by Bro Hayward > followed Bro Watkins > advocating 6 days of fiats = work being done at a later lengthier timeframe.
- Bro Andrew Perry expressed > “localised old earth” model.
I don’t have any doubt that the Hebrew in Genesis 1 when it speaks of days is describing a 24 hour earth day as we know it now. The bigger question is whether Genesis 1 is a literal historical record of how God made all things.
There are some surprising examples exist of brethren who absolutely did not accept evolution but were prepared to consider the 6 days of Creation in Genesis 1 as being other than literal.
View original post 958 woorden meer
We are limiting the meaning of the text of the first two chapters of Genesis when we would only consider earth to be our globe. From the whole Biblical contexts we may assume that we must see the difference between eretz (earth or land) and haaretz (earth or ground) and aphar ha’aretz (dust of the earth or the sand or grains of earth) having also the globe and other planets around in the universe with their suns and stars.
When Jehovah created the universe, he created so many stars and planets that we could never count them all.
Problem with man is that they always think they know exactly how something is. But man’s knowledge is much more limited than God’s knowledge so often scientific results first taken as the answer seem some years later not true. As such we had one time the newspaper, the Houston, Texas Chronicle, reported that
“after a recent study, scientists now think that there are 300 sextillion stars in the universe.”
That is a 3 followed by 23 zeros! But we should know it could be many more and we should see that somehow they are all organized. Yes, groups of stars are organized into galaxies. Each galaxy contains many planets and billions or even trillions of stars. Most galaxies are then organized into groups called clusters, and these clusters are organized into larger groups called superclusters.
The first chapter of Moshe’s book does not want to bring a scientific report on how everything is placed and structured but only wants to give a short review in a way which is easy to tell to others so that they can easily remember. For that reason the story-telling is the easiest form for oral tradition, for which it was provided. As such we should not take the story to be taken literally but figuratively. Also not considering the 6 days as literally six 24 hours but more as periods of development or if you wish ‘evolution’ .
Today we still evolve and we should see how our own children and grandchildren are already so much different than us (see their body build). Those who want to see the first man as our contemporary man from Europe or the United states of America (the Caucasian type) mostly have a superiority feeling of their own race and are ashamed to have come from living souls (Leneʹfesj chai·jahʹh) who walked on their four limbs. (If you look at the body perhaps it was even not being made to walk on two limbs.)
Those who want to adhere to creationist views show they are missing many points of later books which form together the library of Book of books we call the Bible.
- From dust and breath into living beings
- Creator and Blogger God 1 Emptiness and mouvement
- Bible containing scientific information
- Book Review: Ann Gauger, Douglas Axe & Casey Luskin, Science & Human Origins. Seattle: Discovery Institute Press, 2012.124pp.
- Largest timber-framed building part of discussion about God’s actions
- Judeo-Christian values and liberty
- Scripture and Science – must they agree?
- Is Genesis 1 poetic?
- OEC and a brief history of the Gap explanation of Gen 1:1-2
- We haven’t always insisted that Gen 1 is literal 6*24 hours
- “You evolutionists all believe different things”
- Varve layers prove 45,000+ years of continuous life
- Alan Eyre rejecting anti science nonsense
- Question Evolution
- What Is Creationism?
- Lewis Black on evolution, creationism, and the Bible
- The truth about creationism vs. evolution
- Is creationism on the wane in America?
- Creationism Continuum
- Is intelligent design creationism? Dr. Stephen C. Meyer explains
- Stephen C. Meyer debates intelligent design with two scientists on NPR
- The “Intelligent Design” Version of Creationism
- More Extra-Solar Planets, Less Creationism
- ICR: ‘Extreme Non-Evolution’ Proves Creationism
- Creative Challenge #36: Will Creationism Ever Die?
- Ryan Bell’s year of atheism testimony shows need for apologetics
- What Atheists Believe Too
- Was atheism or Christianity responsible for the Scientific Revolution?
- Atheists More Intelligent Than Creationists?
- Richard Dawkins Opens the Door for Dream Research
- pribhleid / privilege
- What I Believe: Creation
- Christian Beliefs about Creation
One pro Gap position suggests Gen 1:1 is a summary statement of the whole chapter. While we read heavens and earth as meaning the universe and the planet, possibly the verse should be understood as meaning the sky and the land since the terms heaven and earth are used later in chapter 1. We can test this suggestion by reviewing the chapter and context.
When we look at the Hebrew there is nothing particularly to affirm or deny the suggestion. The word ‘heaven’ has a wide range of uses from the universe through to the sky and air. Similarly, the word for ‘earth’ is extremely broad. So we must go to the context of Gen1 and see how the expressions are used.
- Used in v1
- V6 the firmament is defined as heaven (with waters above and below it)
- V14 the sun, moon & stars are set/placed in the firmament…
View original post 620 woorden meer