The first observant Jew settled in Iceland in 1906, according to records. Fritz Heymann Nathan started one of Iceland’s most successful businesses at the time, Nathan & Olsen, a food distributor, after arriving from Denmark. He stayed for 11 years before returning there. It wasn’t until 1940 that the first Jewish congregation was established on… Lees verder Jewish community in Iceland
These days of the Passover festival are ideal to show to the world how we all together should go for a peaceful world where everybody, whatever their faith can live together and are prepared to reach out a helping hand when needed.
burning of Notre Dame de Paris = fitting metaphor for current moment, when religious engagement is on the decline in the West, + order of the Old World continues to slip away.
Religious differences historically yielded enmity + outright hatred between people of different faiths
blood libel accusations > Jews in medieval Europe falsely accused of killing Christian children to use their blood for making matzah, often emerged around this time of year.
open the door “for Elijah” during seder = attempt to show non-Jewish neighbors > are not doing anything nefarious.
open door = metaphor for seeking opportunities to collaborate with our neighbors for the common good.
special guest, Dr. Ahmed Shaheed, diplomat from the Maldives, United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion > last big project documenting human rights abuses in Iran + preparing report on worldwide anti-Semitism to be delivered to the United Nations General Assembly next fall.
Mark Potok, formerly of the Southern Poverty Law Center and a well-known authority on hate groups,
Ira Forman, Oren Segal, Mark Molinari, Steven Bayme, Brian Levin, Jeff Finkelstein+ Seth Adelson seated around the table.
- has seen annual increases in hate crimes vastly over-represented
- Hate crimes against Jews are vastly over-represented; 13% of all hate crimes = anti-Semitic.
- White supremacists focus fighting the “white genocide,” “engineered by Jews” + the web to foment horrible ideas about Jews.
- Anti-Semitism = evident on the left and the right of political spectrum
It was indeed tragic to watch Notre Dame de Paris on fire last week, to ache for the loss of a building so deeply connected to the history of Paris and Europe, to lament the destruction of antiquities and works of art. But the burning of Notre Dame is, I am sorry to report, a fitting metaphor for our current moment, when religious engagement is on the decline in the West, and the order of the Old World continues to slip away.
It is notable to me that we are living in a time in which many Jewish people feel kinship with our Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, and Buddhist neighbors, our partners in faith; consider the interfaith cooperation that has happened here in Pittsburgh in the wake of the 18th of Heshvan (the Hebrew date of Oct. 27th, 2018) – the local Muslim community fundraising…
View original post 1.596 woorden meer
We have to show ourselves and others that we understand the value of nuance and that we personally have come forth from Egyptian subjugation, freed by the Elohim from Egypt’s clutches
Bnei Yisroel as Am kadosh shall always be the most favoured or set-apart people of God, no matter that the Elohim provided now a means of others also to have their relationship with Him restored, by the ransom offering of the mashiach.
14-22 Nisan gives us time to read about how the HaShem took care of His People and provided also a solution for the goyim. All should come to recognise the Bore as their Father of fathers and God above all gods, making them pure and clean to come close to Him as His children.
how Ethan Katz looks on tefillah
- With so many different mitzvos for us to be cognizant of + so many aveiros available for us to do = impossible to actively keep all of Hashem’s mitzvos without stumbling a few times
- view aveiros as “stumbling” > instead believing that we’ve “fallen.”
- we say same two words during Shemoneh Esrei > someich noflim => someich, “He supports,” noflim, “those who are (currently) falling.”
- Satisfied, I continued my davening keeping this new way of thinking in mind.
- a machlokes in the gemara in Kiddushin 36a on the pshat of the beginning of the pasuk in Devarim (14:1) “Banim atem l’Hashem Elokeichem,” (you are sons to Hashem, your God).
- no matter what, bein kach ubein kach, we are always Hashem’s children!
Yirmiyahu (4:22)= “foolish sons.”
Devarim (32:20) “faithless sons.”
Yeshayahu (1:4) “the seed of evildoers, destructive sons.”
Hoshea (2:1), pasuk > “instead of being told (by Hashem) “you are not My nation,” Hashem will call them b’nei Kel-Chai (sons of Living-God).”
- gemara explains: granted when Jews are foolish = despite all shortcomings > still sons > not faithless > even when there is no faithfullness => faithless Jews = still called sons
- pasuk > banim mashchisim = destructive sons
in our spiritual lives, in our lives striving to keep Hashem’s Torah + mitzvos, THERE IS NO BOTTOM.
Hashem never lets us hit the bottom because we are His children eternally
=> forever child of Hakadosh Boruch Hu.
Hashem brought geulah to the Jews in Mitzrayim because a parent is always there for his children
- A Tool to shed light over the qualities in our life 2 Jews for a Messiah
- A Tool to shed light over the qualities in our life 3 Menorah and 7 basic emotions
- No insurmountable obstacles to come to know God
- A God between many gods
- Necessary to be known all over the earth
- God as Father
- Out of the seed of Eve
- The Love of God
- Back from gone #2 Aim of godly people
- Back from gone #3 Giving worries to God and believing in His promises
- Patriarch Abraham, Muslims, Christians and the son of God
- Moshe Rabbenu and Torat Moshe
- Memorizing wonderfully 7 Exodus
- Last Events of Old Testament – Right of Wrong?
- Seeing or not seeing and willingness to find God
- People Seeking for God 5 Bread of life
- Religions and Mainliners
- Added commentary to the posting A Progressive Call to Arms
- Silencing Women – Of God or Men ?
- Reactions against those of the other sex
- Christians remaining hidden not sharing the gospel
- 100-Day Identity Makeover: Day 56
- The Immeasurable Grace bestowed on humanity
- Born of the Father
- Behold, My mother and My brothers!
- Jesus, A way given to find the right way to God
- Marriage of Jesus 10 Old and New Covenant
- Are Christians prepared to Rejoice in the Lord
- Avoiding friction and distraction in the body of Christ
- One Mind, One Accord
- Fellowship over meals
- Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:1-4 A Wilderness Temptation
- Matthew 13:36-43 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Parable of the Zizania in the Field Explained
- Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26
- We Are The Children Of God
- The God of hope filling us with all joy and peace
- The Rise of Anti-Seminism
- We are Daughters and Sons of God
- Adopted by God
- Children In His Arms
- The Children of God vs. The Children of the Devil: 1st John 3:10
- “In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself”
- “Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” — Galatians 3:26
- A Story of Adoption
- Why did Jesus say to share the gospel with all creation?
- Groanings, Pt 2 – Waiting for Our Adoption – Romans 8:23-25
- Phone Calls to a Father
- Day 10: He Ate with Publicans and Sinners
- You dont have to try to be children of God 
- You dont have to try to be children of God [1064a]
- We are NOT sinners! Stop saying that.
Before I start discussing my thoughts on tefillah, I want to quickly say that although I hope to consistently post, since these ideas are actual thoughts I have when davening that help me with my kavannah and not me being mamshich through tefillah as a limud, I will be posting ideas at random, with no real seder. Having said that, I hope one day I can really go through the siddur and learn it like a mentsch. Now on to my first official post.
“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”
This quote, taken from a Life Alert commercial, reflects how many Jews, including myself at times, constantly feel. With so many different mitzvos for us to be cognizant of and so many aveiros available for us to do, it is impossible to actively keep all of Hashem’s mitzvos without stumbling a few times. The problem many of us face…
View original post 870 woorden meer
Bondage may come to an end, but requires action from each individual. We may count on it that the Elohim shall redeem the oppressed advancing His agenda of oneness.
Looking at ge’ulah or redemption, as an echo of yetzi’at Mitzraim. The Book of books speaking about redemption from the past but also speaking about a redemption, which can come in different forms and quantities, in the future.
The prominent ultra-Orthodox rabbi, the late Harav Chaim Pinchas Scheinberg a few years ago said: “The pressure of pre-Pesach cleaning has reached unnecessary and overwhelming levels. The housewife often becomes totally nervous, unable to enjoy the simchaof yomtov and unable to perform the mitzvot of the Seder night." Going up to the most important event… Lees verder Zeman Chereisenu – the time of our freedom
Presenting a website in defence of Non-Trinitarian groups and people who prefer to keep on Biblical doctrines and loving the Most High Only Supreme Highest Being, the Elohim Hashem Jehovah.
According to a recent Pew Review Western Europeans who identify as Christian are more likely than those who have no religious affiliation to express negative feelings about immigrants and religious minorities. At the begin period of the 21st century there are still a large group of Christians who also consider themselves to be the rightful heirs of Jerusalem and the Holy Land. Looking at themselves as the sole legitimate heirs of the biblical promises because the Jews rejected and killed the Messiah.
In this last chapter on Zionism, Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism, Anti-Christianism we close by looking at the grown group who does not come directly from the ancient Hebrews and look at the fact that to come to a good solution we have to work at a genuine internationalism, and genuine international solidarity, with the knowledge that there can be no meaningful working together of ordinary people wherever tribalism or communalism dominates.
There are people who find occupation is the sheer existence of Israel and her people. The many actions we see Israel undertaking now may indicate that lots of people in Israel either do not know or do not want to know about God His Plan and His Way of doing things or (worse) do not currently know Him.
There are people who find that Israel is The Jewish State, and as such is founded upon the teachings, traditions, and precepts of Judaism, the very foundation of which is War With Gentildom. Virtually every religious feast of importance – from Passover to Purim to Hanukkah–celebrates the destruction of Gentiledom. The 5 ‘books of Moses’ comprising… Lees verder This fighting world, Zionism and Israel #5
In this 100th post on Jeshuaists we look at the 11th - 16th century barbarism by the Roman Catholic church and the 21st century where we can see a dramatic increase of wars and rumors of wars, just as Jesus predicted as well as large conflicts, such as Ezekiel’s war of Gog or the Psalm 83 war and the Great War we shall soon have to face.
That Jews are promised a homeland does not have to get them to take the land from others. They always should remember we are tenants of the Land of God and always do we have to respect all inhabitants of God's World. People living outside Palestine and Israel should see those caught behind walls as real, living breathing human beings rather than either incorrigible terrorists or unthinking puppets of Hamas.