Lots of Jews have left Belgium and France to live in Israel, whilst others are doubting if they would make the move also. Though there are also several Jews who do not like the politics of the present Israeli governement and the attitude of fundamentalists and ultra-orthodox Jews. But staying here they have to face the anti-Semitism among anti-Israel demonstrators as well as anti-Semitism among Muslims and right wing Flemish or French nationalists.
To hear that the time for the Jewish slaughter has come is not an idea to stay in the public picture, so many keep low profile.
Jews who accepted Jeshua as their Messiah are threatened by three fronts, the Jews who find they are traitors or do not want to accept them as Jews, the Muslims who consider Messianics also false worshippers and several Christians who consider Jeshuaists and non-trinitarian Messianics like all other non-trinitarian ‘devils’ or workers of the devil.
- British Jews able to find some sort of balance between living with a strong connection to Israel + able to live comfortably in Britain
- Assimilation existed = challenge + anti-Semitism not a daily occurrence.
- in North London, many Jews live a Jewish life free from violent anti-Semitism
- obviously hate crimes, general bigotry and stereotyping
- Holocaust revisionism, claiming that 6 million Jews couldn’t have been killed in the Holocaust and that he had “seen proof” that the number was much lower.
- Jeremy Corbyn + Ken Livingstone + Jenny Tonge + George Galloway > normalizing anti-Semitism in the Labour party and in Britain
- Israel’s Operation Protective Edge in 2014. => protests over Gaza throughout the world unleashed outright Jew hatred both in the public square + on social media.
> Hashtags praising Hitler were trending, calls to kill the Jews at demonstrations + even Synagogues being rioted in Paris. All piggybacking behind the banner of accusing Israel of committing a “genocide in Gaza.”
- many British Jews already felt a need to keep their Judaism to themselves = should be Jewish at home + British in public.
- Now, whatever limited expressions of Jewishness Jews may display publicly is being condemned => Jewish community helpless in being able to protect itself, as self proclaimed anti-racists on the left, or groups that are protected by identity politics either perpetuate anti-Semitism, enable it, turn a blind eye or dismiss it as a smear.
- ask whether or not to see a future for themselves as Jews in the UK + What kind of Jewish life for our children in such an indifferent at best + hostile environment at worst towards the beliefs and values that define modern Jewish identity.