A video giving an introduction to the Jewish holiday of Purim, talking about all of the great traditions of one of the most fun holidays in the Jewish calendar.
De Joodse gemeenschap in België en Nederland kan niet ontsnappen aan het coronavirus, maar is er zich wel bewust van dat er een hele kleine groep is die het moeilijk heeft met de beperkende maatregelen, terwijl de meerderheid zich wel aan alle veiligheidsmaatregelen houdt, en er zelfs gebruik van maakt om te reflecteren over de avondklok ten tijde van Moshe in Egypte.
17 Tevet (1728) – Shearith Israel, the first New York synagogue, erects its first building in Lower Manhattan. In 1654 in New Amsterdam a group of Spanish and Portuguese Jews who fled the Inquisition and others who arrived from Dutch Brazil formed a meeting group. As oldest Jewish congregation in the United States they held… Lees verder First New York Synagogue (1728)
Our understanding of Scriptures is received by our different characters with different views and necessarily conveyed in human words and imagery.
Out of nothing, using nothing, from nothing, simply by God’s Word speaking ‘Into Being’ everything came into being.
Theology should simply be understood to be the ‘study of the Theos,’ The God Who gives a theological illumination in chapter 1 of Genesis.
Even when we do not know how God made everything, it is not as such something to know, but something we have to accept and believe.
In the end, people shall come to understand that “Its all up to God. God’s will be done.” People also shall come to see that everything is connected and that by following God’s advice, given in the many assembled books, man shall be able to make the best of his life, capable for the challenges of our lives in corporately challenging times and circumstances.
Underneath you may find
Genesis 2:5-9 passage
He looks at the introduction of the El or the Mighty – high-ranking god, YHWH or Jehovah and compaes Him with the heathen’s el (or god).
- we can only know the One who was called ‘El’ by men if the real God chooses to reveal their Reality. And so YHWH does!
- God = explicit first cause
- ground described metaphorically = having a face which God has tended with gentle moisture >God takes dust of the ground + forms an animate being with a face that is really sensitive + responsive +> first conception: ‘God formed… God breathed… > the man became
- scope for an ongoing relationship with God as equals in nature in some vital respects.
- God = only One capable of making a universe or matter with capacity to form life
- God’s world = placed under our authority + control > our delicate stewardship, which must consider whether this plant is to be made a crop or a weed, and whether this bush will live here or there or not at all.
- God’s creation = designed to point to a quality of life which reaches beyond our physical existence for a few short decades, + a quality of wisdom which is grounded in simple knowledge but then goes beyond what we might find out for ourselves.
On the 17th of January 2021 the article we reblogged was not anymore to be connected. Well are the following articles there to be read where he a.o. mentions that God is a hard worker and that it is how the universe got to be here.
God is an abundantly creative worker: that’s how the world with all its variety (including you and me) came to be here.
For him, it is also clear that Jehovah God doesn’t want us to ‘’die’’, but remarks:
That, of course, is what did happen when the first people trespassed across this known boundary. They sinned to their own eternal harm. We break God’s commandments and find that we ourselves are broken on them. If we break them, it is even more the case that they break us.
It is also by the bond of people:
The marriage of one man to one woman is God’s invention, and like the rest of His creation it is ‘good’. Also, like the rest of the created order, it has been affected by the fall. Sin spoils marriages and ultimately blasts people apart. But if we will keep looking to the One who gave us the gift of marriage, and if we trust in His resources, we can nevertheless know a wonderful harmony and intimacy.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1578: Wednesday 3rd January 2018: Genesis 2:1-7: Knowing God personally.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1579: Thursday 4th January 2018: Genesis 2:8-14: Trees and rivers.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1580: Friday 5th January 2018: Genesis 2:15: God is a worker.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1581: Monday 8th January 2017: Genesis 2:16: Killjoy God?
- Daily Bible thoughts 1582: Tuesday 9th January 2018: Genesis 2:18-20: Delegation.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1583: Wednesday 10th January 2018: Genesis 2:20b-25: ‘This is it!’
Find also to read
- Stories of the beginnings, and one Main book composed of four major sections
- Blackness, nothingness, something, void
- “Before” and “after” the Big Bang
- A Book to trust #4 Cause of Being and Truth
- Accommodation of the Void
- Something from nothing
- 3rd question: Does there exist a Divine Creator
- Why think there’s a God? (1): Something from Nothing
- About the Cosmological argument for proving that there is a Creative Deity
- Consciously or unconsciously forming a world-view and choosing to believe or not to believe in God
- When no man can say with absolute certainty that God does or does not exist
- The very very beginning 1 Creating Gods – Nothing, none, something or more present
- The very very beginning 2 The Word and words
- From waste and void coming into being by God’s Word
- From nothingness, except an eternal Being, the Ruach brought into being
- Different principle about the origin and beginning of everything
- From nothingness and choices being made
- From nothingness to a growing group of followers of Jeshua 4 Trusting the Right One
- Scattered, broken, thwarted reflection of God
- Different principle about the origin and beginning of everything
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 2
- In The Beginning. 2021
- What is Nothing?
- There is No Such Thing as NothingNothingness
- The Profundity of Emptiness
- The Simplicity of Nothingness
- The illusion of our own power
- Creation, Part 1: What is a doctrine of creation?
- God as Creator
- Genesis 1 – In the Beginning
- Genesis 1-2: A Harmonised and Historical Reading – Peter Heavyside
- Beckett: Poetry – No. 2138, Genesis: Creation & The Fall
- the bible’s big story
- God Speaks! How to (imperfectly) hear the indirect/subtle voice of God – Part II
- Evening Sentences
Genesis 2:5-9 (ESV) When nobush of the field[a]was yet in the land[b]and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for theLordGod had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no manto work the ground,6and a mist[c]was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground—7then theLordGod formed the man ofdust from the ground andbreathed into hisnostrils the breath of life, andthe man became a living creature.8And theLordGod planted agarden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom…
View original post 3.113 woorden meer
Passing of Maimonides (1204) Rabbi Moses ben Maimon, Talmudist, Halachist, physician, philosopher and communal leader, known in the Jewish world by the acronym "Rambam" and to the world at large as "Maimonides", passed away in Egypt on the 20th of Tevet in 1204 (4965). On his gravestone were inscribed the words, "From Moses to Moses,… Lees verder 20th of Tevet of the year 5244
Perhaps we still have to wait until mid-2021 before we can come to normal living again, but at least we can see already a tiny light at the end of the tunnel.
To all a better and newer year full of hope.
May we be blessed to use 2021 for further refection and repair – repairing a world that has been torn by a pandemic and our own wastefulness.
It is perhaps fitting that the Jewish community will finish its annual reading of the book of Genesis just as the secular year is ending. Or maybe not; Genesis ends with the deaths of both Jacob and Joseph, on a sorrowful note that portends hundreds of years of slavery.
This year we need something more upbeat, something stirring and hopeful as we exit a year that took the planet by surprise, a year that shattered our expectations of the 21st century and a year whose very name stands for clear vision.
And yet 2020 was a year marked by murkiness and uncertainty. It felt as if we were moving in a fog. We couldn’t see the end, and didn’t know how to fight an invisible enemy that might or might not kill us. At first we were told that we didn’t need masks. Then we were told that masks…
View original post 432 woorden meer
The chapters of Psalms shatter all barriers and give us so much material to build us up to be able to come closer to the Highest of all.
3 Signs of Being a Glory Addict Paul Tripp It really is the struggle of struggles. It’s what we were made for, it’s what we crave, and it’s what we manage to mess up in some way almost every day. What’s the struggle? The struggle for glory. I’ve said many times that I believe the most… Lees verder 3 Signs of Being a Glory Addict – Struggle of struggles
From the beginning of times, since man rebelled against God, good and evil got mixed.
NIG Nijmegen Het jaarlijkse evenement op de Grote Markt in Nijmegen werd direct na de mededeling van de lockdown afgelast. Burgemeester Bruls liet echter weten, dat hij het belangrijk vond, dat het ontsteken van de Chanoekia in zijn aanwezigheid doorging en hij stelde voor dit in Sjoel te laten plaatsvinden. Via de livestream hebben de… Lees verder Chanoekia ontsteking in Nijmegen
Onder auspiciën van de stichting Morasha voltrekt zich een studie naar de veranderende relaties russen de Sefardische en de Asjkenazische gemeenten in Amsterdam, gedurende de tweede helft van de achttiende eeuw.
In deze Corona-lockdown-dagen hoeven we onszelf niet af te sluiten, maar kunnen we virtuele bijeenkomsten hebben om onze verbinding te tonen met iedereen over de hele wereld die hetzelfde geloof heeft en de kaarsen zal aansteken, denkend aan de wonderen van God.
In these Corona lockdown days, we do not have to shut ourselves down, but can have virtual meetings to show our connection with all those around the world who have the same faith and shall light the candles, thinking of the miracles of God.
Every day man is able to see “Creation”, though many do not see the Hand behind all those beautiful things around us.
Let us not forget that The Hand behind everything is The Eternal Invisible Great MasterMaker, Who wants the best for all and looks forward to the days that His creation shall be restored and mankind shall be as a child with Him as Father again.
We look at the raki’a, hashomayim, creatures and chok foreseen by the Bore. With admiration we can then perceive the revelation of the Hand behind all this and hear His whispering Voice.
When God spoke to Job, He gave him some considerations from creation that everyone should ponder about
The expanse in the sky and their lights, the sea, vegetation, birds of the air, fish in the sea, animals and all creatures that move in the water and along the ground were created by God before humankind. ‘God is not a God of disorder’ (1 Corinthians 14:33) and so He ‘made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding’ (Jeremiah 10:12). In creating all else before mankind, God wanted us to learn from creation, and ‘rule over all the earth and over all the creatures’ (Genesis 1:26). However, some take it to extremes and ‘worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator- who is forever praised. Amen’ (Romans 1:25), while others neglect the earth, pollute the environment, and mistreat animals and people alike. God did not intend creation to be worshipped, neither to…
View original post 1.091 woorden meer
After the fall of man there came "Exile" unto the human being by which someone or even a people is forced to leave his/her or their place or country and forced to live somewhere else.