Met het internet is er volgens sommigen een indringer in het huis gevonden die het geloofsleven op de proef kan stellen.
Veranderingen door het internet
Mag men zeggen dat het dankzij de lockdown periode tijdens de coronacrisis is dat het internet meer ingang kon krijgen bij Joodse groeperingen?
Het Geschreven Woord: Ebed: dienaar of slaaf & Doulos: dienstknecht
Het woord in het Hebreeuws en Grieks Het Hebreeuwse woord voor dienaar of slaaf is ebed, en het bijbehorende werkwoord abad. Deze woorden duiden een algemene situatie aan waarin de ene mens ondergeschikt is aan de andere. Ze kunnen zowel een vrijwillig als een gedwongen dienen aanduiden. De Septuaginta (de Griekse vertaling van het… Lees verder Het Geschreven Woord: Ebed: dienaar of slaaf & Doulos: dienstknecht
Justified and connected
Looking at the Biblical terminology used to denote the term “righteousness”, the Hebrew tsadiq translated by the Greek dikaiosune and its various forms in both the LXX and the NT.
De Taal van de Bijbel: Het is geschied – ik heb geloofd
God heeft alles Zelf in de hand en daarom spreekt de Schrift soms zelfs over dingen die nog moeten gebeuren, alsof ze al zijn gebeurd, en in termen die aangeven dat ook de consequenties daarvan al blijvende werkelijkheid zijn.
Iran assembles allies for rocket attacks on Israel
Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad emphasised the solidity of the relationship between Damascus and Tehran during his final meeting with his Iranian counterpart, Ebrahim Raisi, who visited Syria in recent days.
U.S. Arms Warplanes With ‘Bunker Busting’ Bombs in Message to Iran
Wall Street Journal, April 28, 2023. Event The US Air Force has sent a chilling message to Iran after sending warplanes armed with 'bunker busting' bombs. The US military confirmed it has dispatched powerful 250-pound bombs on A-10 Warthogs in a bid to give pilots a better chance of deterring Iran by destroying ammunition bunkers. Forces have been repeatedly… Lees verder U.S. Arms Warplanes With ‘Bunker Busting’ Bombs in Message to Iran
We Are Custodians of This Memory. 80th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
We present the article “We Are Custodians of This Memory. 80th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising” by Piotr Gliński, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland. We Are Custodians of This Memory. 80th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising In April 1943, on the eve… Lees verder We Are Custodians of This Memory. 80th Anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
Necessity to be allies
The Remembrance Day concerning the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising was a fascinating opportunity to see, those rescued from death, to socially exchange views.
Joodse identiteit en welke taal om God te dienen
Gisteren, bij de 80ste verjaardag van de Getto Oproer in Warschau, kwam ter sprake hoe vele kinderen en achterkleinkinderen van het getto ontvluchte en overgebleven onderduikers-wezen van de uitroeiingskampen niet enkel worstelen met hun Joodse identiteit, maar ook met de talen die ze spreken en niet kunnen spreken. Ontvluchten van Naziterreur Een grote meerderheid van… Lees verder Joodse identiteit en welke taal om God te dienen
Jews who remained in the shelters and bunkers of the Warsaw ghetto
What did Jews who remained in the shelters and bunkers feel, what did they long for? What was their daily existence like — with not enough oxygen to breathe, and the sound of German soldiers’ heavy boots above their heads? Deeply moving stories of the four so-called ‘rubblers’ will be presented by Professor Barbara Engelking,… Lees verder Jews who remained in the shelters and bunkers of the Warsaw ghetto
Warsaw Ghetto in 1940 a big horror part of Warsaw not to be forgotten
On the 80th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising we remember the ca 50,000 civilians who hid in a labyrinth of bunkers and shelters during the Uprising and all the others who helped small children to escape the horrors of the German camps.
Authentic Self and the Assimilated Jew, Part 3: Secular/Assimilated Jew?
Judaism isn’t just a religion.
Many Jews, religious and secular Jews alike,
feel a Jewish peoplehood connection,
or a cultural connection with Jewish tradition,
even if they don’t connect with the religious obligation element.
We are regularly asked whether not every Jew follows the Law.
Many people claim that Judaism is at its essence a religion, a set of beliefs about the world
To this, we are always sad to report that there are quite a few secular Jews. Jews who, like many Christians, do not really believe in God and others who have renounced any belief in a divine being. there are spread allover the world many who feel a connection to their Jewish identity even when not believing in the Elohim Hashem Jehovah God.
But we should also be aware that among Jews there are also quite a few who believe in the One and Only True God of Israel and who do not approve of all that is happening in present-day Israel.
Several Jews and Jeshuaists are therefore trying to spend their days outside Israel for the Most High and to express their faith in a dignified way, even if it is not always according to people’s expectations. But they realise that impression to their God is more important than impression to people.
- “Assimilated Jew” in the title of this series because “Authentic Self and the Assimilated Jew” had a nice aesthetically-pleasing alliteration to it.
- assimilated = giving up part of your identity/culture/observance to become part of an outside majority community.
- Judaism significant impact on life
- imperfect/non-observance of commandment =/= reflection of a belief that G-d does not exist
- price of keeping keeping commandments = more than willing to pay at present
- lot of life choices based on Jewish observance => no secular Jew
- connect to Jewish cultural tradition as much as one might think
Jew refering to be religious or to be a people
This fighting world, Zionism and Israel #1
This fighting world, Zionism and Israel #5
- 2015-2016 Religion
- A Quarter of Europeans are Still Antisemites
- Anti-Semitic pressure driving Jews out of Europe
- A Gentile and the Mosaic Law
- Hatikvah – the official anthem of Israel
- As there is a lot of division in Christendom there is too in Judaism
- Judaism and Jeshuaism a religion of the future
- A celebration of harvest, and of thanksgiving for the provision God has given
- What Jeshuaists believe
- Policy Statement of the Jeshuaist community
- Noahide Laws or Seven commandments incumbent upon all of humankind
- Jewish People Inventors of Hope
- Does God really care?
- Vital importance of reading and following the Kitvei Hakodesh
- Changes in the Remnant of Jewish Believers
- Also Goyim or Non-Jews in the Jeshuaist movement
- A misunderstanding about Messianic Judaism
- Difference between Messianic Judaism, Jeshuaism, Christianity and Christendom
- Jeshuaists, Messianic Jews, Messianics and Christians
- Who or What is a Jeshuaist
- Focus On Your Unique Path
- The Jewish Experience by Gilad Altzon
- What Kind of Jew are You?
- “But Judaism is a Religion!”
- Jewish Oppression and Crimes Against Humanity
- Anti-Semitism: Jewish mythology and lies
- Reality Check: Jewish Oppression and Crimes Against Humanity
- Semitic Semantics
- Gene Wilder (1933-2016) feeling Jewish
- A Reflection for Purim
- Bible Stories for Atheist Babysitters
I put “Assimilated Jew” in the title of this series because “Authentic Self and the Assimilated Jew” had a nice aesthetically-pleasing alliteration to it. But honestly, I don’t self-identify as a secular Jew or as an assimilated Jew.
I don’t consider myself secular because in spite of my imperfect or non-observance of commandments, Judaism still has a significant impact on my life. I believe in G-d. My imperfect/non-observance of commandment is not a reflection of a belief that G-d does not exist. I think G-d exists, and while I do not know what I believe with respect to divine reward and punishment, I believe G-d prefers that I keep the commandments. The reason I don’t keep commandments is because the price of keeping them is more than I am willing to pay at present, come what may.
View original post 1.027 woorden meer
Adolfo Kaminsky, a forger who saved many lives died
Adolfo Kaminsky (or Adolphe; 1 October 1925 – 9 January 2023) was an Argentine-born member of the French Resistance, specializing in the forgery of identity documents, and photographer.
Several Sabbaths defined and a look at Pesach and passing over
The Pesach teaches that God will 'skip over'.