We always should remember that Shabbat is not just about not doing certain things, or the other way round, just doing special things, or having special food or bringing sacrifices.
Tag: Mitzvot (commandments)
Welcoming Interfaith Families, Maintaining Tradition – Eqev 5781
Throughout the ages, interfaith has always been a matter of discussion and for sure did not make matters of life easier.
Intermarriage and Protecting the state of the Jewish and/or Jeshuaist family
I recently completed my fourteenth year as a rabbi, since I was ordained at the Conservative movement’s Jewish Theological Seminary in New York in 2007. As many of you know, I have been affiliated with the Conservative movement for my entire life.
But you may not know that in 1994, when I was finishing my Master’s degree in chemical engineering at Texas A&M University, I applied to the rabbinical school at the Reform movement’s Hebrew Union College, at the urging of the Reform rabbi at the Texas A&M Hillel. When HUC rejected me, Rabbi Tarlow was incensed, and he called the chair of the admissions committee to find out why. He was told that the committee felt that I had difficulty seeing multiple sides to an issue.
Now, it may be that what they saw about me during the interview was engineering clarity: trying…
View original post 1.553 woorden meer
Genesis 2:5-9 Theological terraforming and the Genesis worldview.
Our understanding of Scriptures is received by our different characters with different views and necessarily conveyed in human words and imagery.
Out of nothing, using nothing, from nothing, simply by God’s Word speaking ‘Into Being’ everything came into being.
Theology should simply be understood to be the ‘study of the Theos,’ The God Who gives a theological illumination in chapter 1 of Genesis.
Even when we do not know how God made everything, it is not as such something to know, but something we have to accept and believe.
In the end, people shall come to understand that “Its all up to God. God’s will be done.” People also shall come to see that everything is connected and that by following God’s advice, given in the many assembled books, man shall be able to make the best of his life, capable for the challenges of our lives in corporately challenging times and circumstances.
Underneath you may find
Genesis 2:5-9 passage
He looks at the introduction of the El or the Mighty – high-ranking god, YHWH or Jehovah and compaes Him with the heathen’s el (or god).
- we can only know the One who was called ‘El’ by men if the real God chooses to reveal their Reality. And so YHWH does!
- God = explicit first cause
- ground described metaphorically = having a face which God has tended with gentle moisture >God takes dust of the ground + forms an animate being with a face that is really sensitive + responsive +> first conception: ‘God formed… God breathed… > the man became
- scope for an ongoing relationship with God as equals in nature in some vital respects.
- God = only One capable of making a universe or matter with capacity to form life
- God’s world = placed under our authority + control > our delicate stewardship, which must consider whether this plant is to be made a crop or a weed, and whether this bush will live here or there or not at all.
- God’s creation = designed to point to a quality of life which reaches beyond our physical existence for a few short decades, + a quality of wisdom which is grounded in simple knowledge but then goes beyond what we might find out for ourselves.
On the 17th of January 2021 the article we reblogged was not anymore to be connected. Well are the following articles there to be read where he a.o. mentions that God is a hard worker and that it is how the universe got to be here.
God is an abundantly creative worker: that’s how the world with all its variety (including you and me) came to be here.
For him, it is also clear that Jehovah God doesn’t want us to ‘’die’’, but remarks:
That, of course, is what did happen when the first people trespassed across this known boundary. They sinned to their own eternal harm. We break God’s commandments and find that we ourselves are broken on them. If we break them, it is even more the case that they break us.
It is also by the bond of people:
The marriage of one man to one woman is God’s invention, and like the rest of His creation it is ‘good’. Also, like the rest of the created order, it has been affected by the fall. Sin spoils marriages and ultimately blasts people apart. But if we will keep looking to the One who gave us the gift of marriage, and if we trust in His resources, we can nevertheless know a wonderful harmony and intimacy.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1578: Wednesday 3rd January 2018: Genesis 2:1-7: Knowing God personally.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1579: Thursday 4th January 2018: Genesis 2:8-14: Trees and rivers.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1580: Friday 5th January 2018: Genesis 2:15: God is a worker.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1581: Monday 8th January 2017: Genesis 2:16: Killjoy God?
- Daily Bible thoughts 1582: Tuesday 9th January 2018: Genesis 2:18-20: Delegation.
- Daily Bible thoughts 1583: Wednesday 10th January 2018: Genesis 2:20b-25: ‘This is it!’
Bereshith 1-2 The Creation of the World – The Seven Days
Bereshith 2 Man and Woman placed in a Royal Garden
Starting from a point in time when two elements existed
Account of origin of man, sin and death
Possible problems with two Accounts of the beginning of human race
Find also to read
- Stories of the beginnings, and one Main book composed of four major sections
- Blackness, nothingness, something, void
- “Before” and “after” the Big Bang
- A Book to trust #4 Cause of Being and Truth
- Accommodation of the Void
- Something from nothing
- 3rd question: Does there exist a Divine Creator
- Why think there’s a God? (1): Something from Nothing
- About the Cosmological argument for proving that there is a Creative Deity
- Consciously or unconsciously forming a world-view and choosing to believe or not to believe in God
- When no man can say with absolute certainty that God does or does not exist
- The very very beginning 1 Creating Gods – Nothing, none, something or more present
- The very very beginning 2 The Word and words
- From waste and void coming into being by God’s Word
- From nothingness, except an eternal Being, the Ruach brought into being
- Different principle about the origin and beginning of everything
- From nothingness and choices being made
- From nothingness to a growing group of followers of Jeshua 4 Trusting the Right One
- Scattered, broken, thwarted reflection of God
- Different principle about the origin and beginning of everything
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 2
- In The Beginning. 2021
- What is Nothing?
- There is No Such Thing as NothingNothingness
- The Profundity of Emptiness
- The Simplicity of Nothingness
- The illusion of our own power
- Creation, Part 1: What is a doctrine of creation?
- God as Creator
- Genesis 1 – In the Beginning
- Genesis 1-2: A Harmonised and Historical Reading – Peter Heavyside
- Beckett: Poetry – No. 2138, Genesis: Creation & The Fall
- the bible’s big story
- God Speaks! How to (imperfectly) hear the indirect/subtle voice of God – Part II
- Evening Sentences
Genesis 2:5-9 (ESV) When nobush of the field[a]was yet in the land[b]and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for theLordGod had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no manto work the ground,6and a mist[c]was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground—7then theLordGod formed the man ofdust from the ground andbreathed into hisnostrils the breath of life, andthe man became a living creature.8And theLordGod planted agarden in Eden, in the east, and there he put the man whom…
View original post 3.113 woorden meer
Walking the Walk or Stepping on the right Path
God has given the world His Word and Guidance for life, but everyone is free to follow it or not. It is not by doing good or doing bad that everything in life shall run like we would like it, or would go good or bad. We all know that “bad” things happen to “good” people, and no spiritual building can hold by pretending otherwise. It’s simply untrue that every well-lived life leads only to outwardly positive outcomes. It’s equally untrue that difficult circumstances prove that someone strayed from the path.
Jews have the Ultimate Support System
Bnei Yisroel as Am kadosh shall always be the most favoured or set-apart people of God, no matter that the Elohim provided now a means of others also to have their relationship with Him restored, by the ransom offering of the mashiach.
14-22 Nisan gives us time to read about how the HaShem took care of His People and provided also a solution for the goyim. All should come to recognise the Bore as their Father of fathers and God above all gods, making them pure and clean to come close to Him as His children.
how Ethan Katz looks on tefillah
- With so many different mitzvos for us to be cognizant of + so many aveiros available for us to do = impossible to actively keep all of Hashem’s mitzvos without stumbling a few times
- view aveiros as “stumbling” > instead believing that we’ve “fallen.”
- we say same two words during Shemoneh Esrei > someich noflim => someich, “He supports,” noflim, “those who are (currently) falling.”
- Satisfied, I continued my davening keeping this new way of thinking in mind.
- a machlokes in the gemara in Kiddushin 36a on the pshat of the beginning of the pasuk in Devarim (14:1) “Banim atem l’Hashem Elokeichem,” (you are sons to Hashem, your God).
- no matter what, bein kach ubein kach, we are always Hashem’s children!
Yirmiyahu (4:22)= “foolish sons.”
Devarim (32:20) “faithless sons.”
Yeshayahu (1:4) “the seed of evildoers, destructive sons.”
Hoshea (2:1), pasuk > “instead of being told (by Hashem) “you are not My nation,” Hashem will call them b’nei Kel-Chai (sons of Living-God).”
- gemara explains: granted when Jews are foolish = despite all shortcomings > still sons > not faithless > even when there is no faithfullness => faithless Jews = still called sons
- pasuk > banim mashchisim = destructive sons
in our spiritual lives, in our lives striving to keep Hashem’s Torah + mitzvos, THERE IS NO BOTTOM.
Hashem never lets us hit the bottom because we are His children eternally
=> forever child of Hakadosh Boruch Hu.
Hashem brought geulah to the Jews in Mitzrayim because a parent is always there for his children
Troubles testing your faith and giving you patience and good prospects
A night different from all other nights and days to remember
The offspring from a tortured generation finding the Word of God again
Ambassadors showing hope and a world of peace
- A Tool to shed light over the qualities in our life 2 Jews for a Messiah
- A Tool to shed light over the qualities in our life 3 Menorah and 7 basic emotions
- No insurmountable obstacles to come to know God
- A God between many gods
- Necessary to be known all over the earth
- God as Father
- Out of the seed of Eve
- The Love of God
- Back from gone #2 Aim of godly people
- Back from gone #3 Giving worries to God and believing in His promises
- Patriarch Abraham, Muslims, Christians and the son of God
- Moshe Rabbenu and Torat Moshe
- Memorizing wonderfully 7 Exodus
- Last Events of Old Testament – Right of Wrong?
- Seeing or not seeing and willingness to find God
- People Seeking for God 5 Bread of life
- Religions and Mainliners
- Added commentary to the posting A Progressive Call to Arms
- Silencing Women – Of God or Men ?
- Reactions against those of the other sex
- Christians remaining hidden not sharing the gospel
- 100-Day Identity Makeover: Day 56
- The Immeasurable Grace bestowed on humanity
- Born of the Father
- Behold, My mother and My brothers!
- Jesus, A way given to find the right way to God
- Marriage of Jesus 10 Old and New Covenant
- Are Christians prepared to Rejoice in the Lord
- Avoiding friction and distraction in the body of Christ
- One Mind, One Accord
- Fellowship over meals
- Nazarene Commentary Matthew 4:1-4 A Wilderness Temptation
- Matthew 13:36-43 – The Nazarene’s Commentary: Parable of the Zizania in the Field Explained
- Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26
- We Are The Children Of God
- The God of hope filling us with all joy and peace
- The Rise of Anti-Seminism
- We are Daughters and Sons of God
- Adopted by God
- Children In His Arms
- The Children of God vs. The Children of the Devil: 1st John 3:10
- “In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself”
- “Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” — Galatians 3:26
- A Story of Adoption
- Why did Jesus say to share the gospel with all creation?
- Groanings, Pt 2 – Waiting for Our Adoption – Romans 8:23-25
- Phone Calls to a Father
- Day 10: He Ate with Publicans and Sinners
- You dont have to try to be children of God 
- You dont have to try to be children of God [1064a]
- We are NOT sinners! Stop saying that.
Before I start discussing my thoughts on tefillah, I want to quickly say that although I hope to consistently post, since these ideas are actual thoughts I have when davening that help me with my kavannah and not me being mamshich through tefillah as a limud, I will be posting ideas at random, with no real seder. Having said that, I hope one day I can really go through the siddur and learn it like a mentsch. Now on to my first official post.
“I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”
This quote, taken from a Life Alert commercial, reflects how many Jews, including myself at times, constantly feel. With so many different mitzvos for us to be cognizant of and so many aveiros available for us to do, it is impossible to actively keep all of Hashem’s mitzvos without stumbling a few times. The problem many of us face…
View original post 870 woorden meer
Willing to do and we willing to learn everything that the Elohim has spoken
Man has to know he can connect to the Creator God as He reveals Himself within creation, but the only way we can connect to Jehovah God Himself is by likewise rising above the limits of rationality.
The figure of Eve
After having looked at Adam we cannot pass his helper Eve. It was she who brought the man to follow her idea and to ignore God's Wish not to eat from the Tree of moral, with as consequence that they got knowledge of good and evil and came to learn pain and death.