Forbes, April 28, 2022
Quite a few billionaires born in Russia have taken advantage of the “Law of Return,” otherwise known as “Aliyah,” which grants automatic entry and passports to any Jew, or anyone who can prove they have at least one Jewish grandparent.
According to Forbes’ research, more than 40% of the 111 Russian-born billionaires have at least one other passport (6% have two or more). Nearly half of Russia’s 35 sanctioned billionaires have dual citizenship. An Israeli passport is the most common second passport among Russian-born billionaires. The war in Ukraine has cast some harsh light on Israel’s citizenship program. Three of the most high-profile sanctioned Russian oligarch billionaires are also Israeli citizens: Alfa Bank cofounders Mikhail Fridman and German Khan, and Roman Abramovich. It’s not just billionaires that are looking to Israel. The country seems to be attracting a broad spread of Russia’s wealthier residents.
Israel is attracting ”super wealthy” Russian Jews back to the land. As this Forbes article says “a crackdown on so-called “golden passport” programs in Europe means it’s only going to get more popular among the super-rich looking for a quick escape.” Israel is one of the only ”western” nations not to impose sanctions on Russia. And with the law in Israel of the “right of return” many rich Russians are seeing Israel as one of the few safe havens in the world. This in turn will bring great additional wealth to Israel. This is something we have expected to happen because Ezekiel 38 says that Israel will be rich with “cattle and goods.” This is symbolic language for wealth and riches. It will also infuriate Putin that these Russians have a safe place to live – while has hasn’t…..
To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. (Ezekiel 38:12)
Weekly World Watch > Download this week’s WWW
- Coming of the Messiah is imminent according Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky
- Anti-Semitic pressure driving Jews out of Europe
- Jews In France Ponder Whether To Stay Or To Leave
- Deal or no deal
- Sanctions against Russian oligarchs and banks
- Jewish American PrivilegeI will say to the North, ‘Give them up!’
- Aliyah online : Plans for the future
- Eastman Aliyah : Baltimore > Neve Daniel 2007
- How Should Median Judaism be Announced?
- March 29-April 24, 2022
- The young age of forty-two
- Not Again: Teaneck Mom Swears This The Year She Makes Aliyah
- Come for Yourself
- Post-Gaza: A New Immigrant Mom’s Perspective
- A little Pesach chizuk
- Farewell to the Land of the Free
- How to move to Israel?
- Urgent Appeal for Ukrainian Aliyah
- High Times