Sunday 2022 March 13:
Iran has fired at least a dozen missiles into the Iraqi city of Arbil, striking areas close to a new United States consulate. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) claimed that Sunday morning’s attack was targeting bases being used by for training by Mossad, the Israeli intelligence agency. In a statement issued through the Iranian media, the IRGC said it had carried out the attack in “revenge” for an Israeli airstrike that killed four people, including two of its colonels, in Syria last week. The missiles fell short of the consulate, a sprawling complex that has yet to be occupied by American staff. There was damage to a TV studio, although there were no reports of injuries.
“The strategic centre of the Zionist conspiracy and evil was targeted by IRGC missiles,”
“Following the recent crimes of the fake Zionist regime, the strategic centre for conspiracy and evil of the Zionists was targeted by powerful missiles and the [might] of the IRGC.”
Iranian media claimed that two Mossad bases had been targeted. There is no known Israeli presence in the semi-autonomous Kurdish area of Iraq.
In the Daily Telegraph this week there was this headline
“The global chess game linking Russia’s war in Ukraine and the Iran nuclear deal.”
Russia has attempted to use its support for reviving the Iran nuclear deal as leverage to minimise sanctions over its invasion of Ukraine. The article said,
“The overlapping diplomatic crises have drawn in nations from around the world.”
As all sides try to push their own advantage tensions are rapidly building between Israel and Iran. One of the fallouts from the war in Ukraine could be the Israel v Iran situation.
We know an inner ring war is coming between Israel and the surrounding peoples and that Iran activates this. This next war is coming soon.
In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. (Zechariah 12:6)
Find this week’s: Weekly World Watch
- A Nation Without a State
- A Travel Guide to Erbil, Iraqi Kurdistan’s Capital
- Media of the IRGC : The Fateh 110 missile was used in the attack on Erbil
- AP: Shelling of the American consulate in Iraqi Kurdistan was carried out from the territory of Iran
- Missile attack on Erbil .. 12 missiles and several Iranian messages
- Iranian IRGC Killed and Injured Several Mossad Agents in Kurdistan
- Multiple Iranian-made rockets hit US Army base and Kurdish news channel in Iraq
- Iraq’s KRG Judicial Council seeks to take Erbil attack to UN
- Iran-affiliated groups: Israel has attacked a military base in Kermanshah from Iraqi territory
- The Revolutionary Guards once again threatened the Iraqi Kurdistan region
- Iraq’s Kurdish region was never threat to anyone: Barzani
- 13 Turkish soldiers killed by Kurdish Fighters in Iraqi Kurdistan – Video
- Increasing IS Attacks Putting Kurdish and Iraqi Authorities on Edge
- Mehr News: Israel bases to be targeted if Iraq Kurdistan not remove them
- Rockets target Iraqi airbase after clashes with IS
- Rocket attack on Kurdish Iraq’s Arbil airport was fired by drone: ministry
- 3 civilians die in Turkish drone attack on Iraq refugee camp: MP