The Creation of Man and Woman
- Beginnings of the heavens and the earth
Genesis 2:4-8 IAV These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that YY Elohim made the earth and the heavens, (5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for YY Elohim had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. (6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. (7) And YY Elohim formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (8) And YY Elohim planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
2. Rivers, trees and a Gan or Garden where man and animal could live together in peace.
Genesis 2:9-14 IAV And out of the ground made YY Elohim to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. (10) And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads. (11) The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold; (12) And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. (13) And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. (14) And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Ashur. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
3. יהוה Elohim commanded man not to Eat form the Etz HaDa’as Tov v’Rah, a particular tree (giving knowledge of good and evil) in the centre of the garden.
Genesis 2:15-17 IAV And YY Elohim took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. (16) And YY Elohim Commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: (17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
4. Living beast and an ezer or helper for man: Chavah.
Genesis 2:19-25 IAV And out of the ground YY Elohim formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. (20) And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. (21) And YY Elohim caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; (22) And the rib, which YY Elohim had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (23) And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
- Creation purpose and warranty
- God’s Plan, Purpose and teachings
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #1 Creator and His Prophets
- The 1st Adam in the Hebrew Scriptures #1 Beginning of everything
- The 1st Adam in the Hebrew Scriptures #2 Beginning of mankind
- From dust and breath into living beings
- Created in the image of the Elohim to use their likeness properly
- Orders for the first human beings and Rebellion against their Maker
- Coming to the creation of human beings in the image of God
- Creation of the earth and man #17 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #1 In the image and after the likeness
- Creation of the earth and man #18 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #2 Assimilation of character
- Creation of the earth and man #22 Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #6 Spirits, spiritual bodies and illusory perception
- Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #8 The Formation of woman #1
- Man in the image and likeness of the Elohim #9 The Formation of woman #2
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 1
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 2
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 3
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 4
- The Big Bang and Genesis
- In Principio: Genesis 1:1
- “The Spirit of God was Brooding”
- Days of Creation (Genesis 1-2)
- In Six Days Jehovah Made Heaven and Earth and the Sea
- Not just “good”…Very Good!
- Why Genesis 1 is not the same as Genesis 2
- Textual evidence distinguishing Genesis 1 & 2
- Genesis 2 (Daily Scriptures)
- Genesis 2 A Masterwork
- So the story goes
- Setting Coordinates
- Man was made from the dust a living soul, ie mortal
- God’s Image, Not Our Design
- Adam, the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic Ages
- Adam & Eve: Created as Babies or Adults?
- The Woman: Made
- First Relationships
- The institution of marriage
- Marriage Convenient or Marriage Covenant: Six Truths About and Six Threats Toward Marriage (Genesis — Revelation)
- “Dying Thou Shalt Die” Gen 2:17
- Could Gen 2-3 be referring to only a small area?
- Choices have consequences…
- 2 Trees You’ll Want
- we are God’s garden